Captain Bob McCleeary and Captain Bill Douglass invite you to play in the 21st Annual Irv Gerlich Memorial Ryder Cup
Ryder Cup Registration Deadline – June 15
The 2016 Irv Gerlich Memorial Ryder Cup
at Lake Panorama National will be Aug. 11-14, 2016.
To be eligible for the 2016 Ryder Cup, you must:
1. Be a member of LPN Golf Course and be 18 years old or older.
2. Have a current USGA handicap.
3. Have played AND posted scores for a minimum of ten, 18-hole rounds from July 1st 2015 through August 1st 2016.
4. Be available at these times:
· Thursday, Aug. 11 – 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Friday, Aug. 12 – 10 am
· Saturday, Aug 13 – 11 am
· Sunday, Aug 14 – tee times start at 10am
Note: Substitutes are not eligible for the ShootOut on Saturday evening.
All members of Lake Panorama National Golf Course who meet above criteria may enter. The cost to participate is $200.
To be entered you must drop off signed registration form and check or cash made payable to ‘2016 Ryder Cup’ in the Ryder Cup folder at the Pro Shop. This must be done by the deadline of June 15. No Exceptions.
What you get for $200:
· A team shirt, hat, and tournament prizes.
· A lot of Meals!
· 3 rounds of competitive golf.
· A chance to compete and win money in a shootout.
· Compete in the best darn tourney in the state.
The field is full at multiples of 4.
For example: We have 101 players sign up by June 15. The first 100 players are in and the last player is on a waiting list until we get 3 more or if someone drops out. So the last 1, 2, or 3 to sign up will be on a waiting list until we have a multiple of 4. You will be notified June 16th if you are one of them.
We will also be needing substitutes.
If there is anyone not able to play all 3 days but would be available 1 or 2 days please let this years Captains know. There will be no cost to you, only a short notice to play if someone gets ill, hurt, etc. As a reminder, substitutes are not eligible to compete in the ShootOut on Saturday evening.
Copies of the agenda and registration are available on the LPN Website or in the Pro Shop.
To enter: Please drop off signed registration form and check or cash made payable to ‘2016 Ryder Cup’ in the Ryder Cup folder at the Pro Shop. This must be done by the deadline of June 15.
REPEAT: To enter: Please drop off signed registration form and check or cash made payable to ‘2016 Ryder Cup’ in the Ryder Cup folder at the Pro Shop. This must be done by the deadline of June 15.
Note: Only PAID entries with signed Registration Form by the deadline of JUNE 15 will be accepted. No Exceptions.
Note: The signed Registration Form is vital for the Captains regarding refunds, shirt sizes, etc -- Therefore, attempting to enter by calling in, telling someone to “put me down” are two examples of how not to enter.
We hope everyone can join us this year so please help out the Captains and enter no later than the deadline of June 15.
If you have any questions please contact this years Captains:
2016 Irv Gerlich Memorial Ryder Cup
Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, Aug. 11
6:30 p.m. Stag event for players
· Teams announced, shirts/caps and pairings distributed.
· Short (very short) presentation of history, format, and rules.
· Sign up for Saturday’s shootout. Must have $10 cash to enter.
· Keg beer and dinner.
Friday, Aug. 12
10 a.m. Shotgun
· Format: Fourball. Each member of the (2) two-man teams plays their own ball, with handicap. The team whose player has the lowest score on that hole wins that hole. Tee Boxes for determined by Captains.
· Play ball down except in own fairway.
· If you declared for the shootout, you must putt everything out.
· Dinner after play and prior to the Employee ShootOut
5 p.m. Guthrie County State Bank – LPN Employee Shootout
· Spectators welcome – pari-mutuel betting
Saturday, Aug. 13
11 a.m. Shotgun
· Format: Foursomes. Two golfers play against two other golfers and
each team plays one ball. Tee boxes determined by Captains.
· The first 9 holes you play will be a two-man, best-shot scramble.
· The second 9 holes will be an alternate shot (player A hits tee shot, player B hits second shot, etc) until the hole is played out. Declare when you start play on the second 9 which player will tee off on odd/even holes.
· You may play the ball up everywhere and change the ball in play.
5 p.m. Guthrie County State Bank – 12 low gross / 12 low net Shootout
· Spectators welcome – pari-mutuel wagering
· Dinner following shootout
Sunday, Aug. 14
10 a.m. First tee time
· Format: Singles. Individual match play.
. Each Match Tee Boxes to be determined by Ryder Cup Captains.
· Play ball down except in own fairway.
· When your match is over, go to the 18th hole, and play the final hole.
7 p.m. Dinner and awards – spouses welcome
REMINDER: To enter: Please drop off registration form and check or cash made payable to ‘2016 Ryder Cup’ in the Ryder Cup folder at the Pro Shop NO LATER THAN JUNE 15.
Agenda and Registration form is available on the LPN website.